Curtesy of Therese, Deb and Esther.
1. Were you married at the time?
yes-been married 4 months.
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant/approved?
A bit shocked and over the moon.
3. How old were you?
4. How did you find out you were pregnant/on the waiting list?
I did a HPT. It was a weird one with two little test tubes. Surely there were POAS tests back then! Why did I do such a complicated one?
5. Who did you tell first?
Al and then our friend Ann who lived with us at the time.
6. Did you want to find out the sex?
I can’t remember if we wanted to, but we didn’t. I think the hospitals did not like to say.
7. Due date/Expected arrival date:
He was due 4th April 1989
8. Did you deliver/meet your child early or late?
Late. He arrived 15th April just a couple of days before they had me booked for induction. So I wasn’t induced; good lad.
9. Did you have morning sickness/anxiety?
Some anxiety at the beginning because I wasn’t sure how pregnancy was supposed to feel and I felt AWFUL. Sick as a dog for the whole 9 months.
10. What did you crave?
Satsumas. By the crate load. Al used to go down to the local grocer who actually ordered in an extra crate a week just for me. I have piles of crates stacking up at the back of the house. LOL.
11. Who irritated you the most?
Old ladies who kept asking “You still here then?” from about 8mths to birth!
12. What was your first child’s sex?
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy/while munching Fritos as you waited for The Call?
I don’t remember but I am guessing it was a few…or more.
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy/complications with Red Tape?
Not that I remember. Got very anaemic so they threatened to admit me for a transfusion, but I look loads of Ferrus Sulphate (yuk) along with all those satsumas and managed to get away with it.
15. Where did you give birth/meet your child?
Sorento Maternity Unit-a little cottage hospital now closed. It was lovely there.
16. How many hours were you in labor/between The Call and holding your new child?
Labour was 29hrs. Slow lead up all day and then heavy contractions while trying to watch “A Room with a View”. He finally put in an appearance a day and bit later!
17. Who drove you to the hospital/airport/office?
18. Who watched/went with you?
Al and Ann came too.
19. Was it vaginal or c-section (no adoption alternative here. Sorry)
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain/self medicate to calm your nerves?
They gave me Pethidin but it made me doo lally tap and hardly helped the pain at all. I had an oxygen tube in and they tried to give me ventolin! Can you imagine that? ROFL!
21. How much did your child weigh?
22. What did you name him/her?
Joshua Ewan, but he was called The Baked Bean for a long time because he was orange.
23. How old is your first child today?
Ah those memories.